Saturday 9 April 2011

This Weeks Headache.

Crocus - Record soon to be released this year via Holy Roar Records (check them out, bands such as Throats R.I.P, Pariso, Rolo Tomassi.) Still pissed that I never received my merch from them and it's been over a year now, but I will still love them. For fans of Throats, Loma Prieta and Maths.

Defeater - The Massachusetts band signed to Bridge Nine recently released Empty Days and Sleepless Nights. It's taken me a while to listen to this record as I overplayed their previously record Travels, to the point of boredom. I definitely shouldn't have waited so long. For fans of The Carrier, Touche Amore and The Effort.

Make Do and Mend - Definitely disappointed I missed out on seeing MDAM recently. Listen to the track Father from their record Bodies of Water. For fans of Balance and Composure, Transit and Daytrader.

Underoath - Formed in Florida, Underoath has been around since 1997 (I was only 5, how odd!) but now contains no original members. Listen to Writing on the Walls the ultimate song when I was a scene kid, yet I still play it regularly today. For fans of...this is tricky as Underoath are very much my guilty pleasure. I know the British band Architects are big fans, August Burns Red and Norma Jean.

Adele - Need I say a word about this wonderful lady? I still play her album 19 on repeat at least three times a week. Very much a modern inspiration for teenage girls. For fans of Ellie Goulding and Florence and the Machine.

Breaking Point - Straight Edge Hardcore from the South of England. One of my favourites in the UK hardcore scene. Their latest release Judgement, didn't disappoint. Releases on Thirty Days of Night Records (TDON) and Purgatory Records. For Fans of The Mongoloids, Brutality Will Prevail and Never Again.

Modern Life Is War (R.I.P) - Hardcore from Iowa. One of my most played tracks on iTunes is D.E.A.D.R.A.M.O.N.E.S, listen. For fans of American Nightmare, Verse and Blacklisted.

Never Again (R.I.P) - UK Straight Edge on Carry The Weight Records. I recommend listening to Iron Youth and Enough is Enough. For fans of Breaking Point, Brutality Will Prevail and Last Witness.


No comments:

Post a Comment